Thin Film Nano-Transistors Implemented by Nanotechnologies and Organic Technologies at Room Temperature
Coordinated by: Cristian Ravariu
Other persons involved in the project
- Prof. Dan Mihăiescu
- Prof. Anton Ficai
- Drd. Alexandru Topor
- Drd. Bogdan Purcăreanu
- Assoc. Prof. Daniela Istrati
- Dr. ing. Cătălin Pârvulescu
- Drd. Vlad Plăcintă
- Drd. Alina Moroșan
- Drd. Maria Stanca
- Prof. Denisa Ficai
- Drd. Ionela Neacșu
- Drd. Elena Alexandra Oprea
- Ing. Maria-Magdalena Gherasim
UEFISCDI Code: PN-III- P4-ID- PCE-2016- 0480
Project Type: Exploratory Research Project
Contract no: 4/2017
Period: July 2017 - December 2019
Abstract: The main objective of this project is the fabrication and development of some electronic devices, having all in common a technology based on nano-core- shell NCS nanocomposite type. In IEEE Spectrum (2014), some NASA researchers claimed that the vacuum transistors or transistors made by Nothing are the immediate future devices suitable for co-integration within CMOS ICs. We start this project from preliminary results, developed in a POSDRU PostDoc Project (closed in 2013), accompanied by 12 papers, 2 patent about Organic thin film transistors (OTFT) and so called Nothing On Insulator (NOI) transistor - as exponents of thin film on insulator devices. For the first time, is offered a real solution to manufacture the NOI transistor, particularly by NCS- multi-layers assembling, validated by experimental tests. The CNT-related materials are promising to create NOI devices as alternative nanomaterials. Despite to a rapid progress of technology, OTFT with reasonable electronic characteristics, in absence of toxic precursors, remains a serious challenge. To improve the OTFT device performances we envisage the structure optimization by Silvaco tools simulations. To fabricate OTFT we select green routes, electing nanocomposites coated by green organic conductive polymers doped with organic ions to offer p or n type semiconductor behavior. This proposal has an interdisciplinary character, create a bridge nanotechnology for simple-TFT, SOI/NOI transistors and OTFT, get an innovative character by NCS nanocomposites and green-polymers used in nanoelectronics, respond to the international demands about other devices than CMOS to be co-integrated and offer room temperature technology for transistors, avoiding ultra-expensive clean room conditions. The disseminations mainly envisage papers publishing in ISI journals with accent to red-yellow code, conferences participation, 1 patent, 1 book or chapter, 1 IEEE Workshop, 1 Colloquium, 2 socio-cultural meetings.
- nano-transistors fabrication by nanotechnology based onto the nano-core- shell NCS-multilayer synthesis and by this nano-technology - the first time implementation of simple- TFT and NOI (Nothing On Insulator transistor);
- new nano-compounds for electronics synthesis and materials characterization (by FTIR, X-R, TEM etc);
- development of some NOI derivative devices: NOI-MIM or the NOI -triode or diode, with enhanced performances, accounting novel parameters, alternative materials;
- simulation, design and construction of OTFT transistors by green technology at room temperature, using green conductive polymers doped by organic/inorganic ions to offer modulated semiconductor properties;
- defining the applications of these devices.
Scientific results per project:
- min 3 papers in Red-Yellow zone;
- min 6 ISI indexed papers;
- 1 research book published at International Publ. Press (Springer, Elsevier, IEEE etc),
- 1 patent proposal;
- min 1 Proposal at International Research Competition;
- 1 Mini-colloquium EDS15 and 1 Workshop SSCS37, atracting co-funds from these IEEE Chapters, 1 social with high school students and 1 cultural colloquium with AAPB.
Technical results per project:
- fabrication nanotechnology based onto the nano-core- shell NCS-multilayer synthesis and by this nano-technology
- the first time implementation of simple- TFT and NOI.
- development of some NOI derivative conceptual devices: NOI-MIM or the NOI diodes under Zaidman model, a conceptual NOI-nano- triode device.
- construction of an OTFT transistor at room temperature, by green nano- technologies and polymers.
- Stage I. Start TFT development by simulations and organic nanocomposites synthesis.
- Stage II. Organic-Thin Film Transistors OTFT - the bridge between NOI and TFT transistors.
Results at Stage I / 2017:
- Technical-Scientific Report1;
- Create, log, and structure files in the Atlas / Athena / Silvaco environment to describe the physical phenomena in TFT and NEW at this stage, including new geometries in relation to the literature so far.
- Extraction by simulations of static, dynamic electrical characteristics, new working regimes and nanomaterial parameters for TFT and NO.
- Create, log, and structure files in the Atlas / Silvaco environment for OTFT variants and establish the appropriate physical implementation.
- Nano-materials NCS and synthesized green polymers and synthesis methods.
- Results of characterization of nano-materials NCS and organic materials dedicated to TFTs.
- The technological flow designed for the implementation of simple TFT transistors with NCS, NEW transistors with NCS on a chosen substrate and for green OTFT transistors.
- Results management / dissemination: minimum 1 articles in ISI Journal / Conference; minimum 2 in BDI, preparation 1 book chapter at the international publishing house, proposal preparation 1 patent, 2 meetings per project, 1 socio-cultural meeting.
Products, structures, characterizations and simulations at Stage I /2017:
(a) (b) (c)
Fig. 1. (a) Experimental result of the reference literature for the vacuum device class (Published in J. Appl. Phys-2012, T.Nano-2017); (b) TFT conduction simulation with narrowing of the electron channel to the surface of the film; (c) simulation of electrical charge distribution within the PABA molecule (Publ. by TFTNANOEL in Proc. Confer. IEEE SIELA'2018, Burgas, Bulgaria).
(a) (b) (c) (d)
Fig. 2. The strong (a) and weak tunneling (b) at the NOI transistor (Results published in IEEE Transaction on Electron Device 2016); (c) strong tunneling (Results published in IEEE Proc. EECS '2017, Bern); (d) New NOI transistor optimization solutions by corrosion of Source island (published results in IEEE Transaction on Nanotechnology 2017).
(a) (b) (c)
Fig. 3. (a) I-V curve comparisons for PIN and NOI tunnel transistors (Publishing at I3M-EMSS'2018, Budapest, Scopus); (b) Extraction of the threshold voltage at the NOI transistor with the TCEN Theorem; (Publish in Proc IEEE MCSI'2018, Corfu); (c) conduction through NOI-diamond transistor with roughness (EVC'2018 Vacuum convection, Geneva, accept public in the Journal ISI Rom. Rep. in Physics pt 2019).
(a) (b) (c)
Fig. 4. (a) OTFT simulation polarized at VG = + 4V (published in IEEE CAS'2018, Sinaia); (b) Morphology of Nano-core PABA Shell Ferrite with Shell Film of Para Amino Benzoic Acid after Synthesis, SEM Microscopy (ISBPPB2018, Cracow); (c) TiO2-nanostructure anchored on the Si-wafer (Publ. Confer. Springer REV'2018, Dusseldorf).
(a) (b) (c)
Fig. 5. (a) SEM analysis after Fe3O4 / PABA core-shell synthesis; (b) TEM characterization of Fe3O4 / PABA / PANI core-shell systems; (c) Fe3O4 / PABA / PANI film deposited between Ag and Al films by the MAPLE method. Outcomes to be published.
Publishing-dissemination activities in 2017:
1. C. Ravariu, Gate Swing Improving for the Nothing On Insulator Transistor in Weak Tunneling, IEEE Transactions on Nanotechnology, 2017, Vol. 16, issue 6, pp. 1115 - 1121, DOI: 10.1109/TNANO.2017.2764802, project TFTNANOEL. Yellow zone award.
2. V.M. Placinta, L.N. Cojocariu, C. Ravariu, Test bench design for radiation tolerance of two ASICS, Romanian Reports in Physics, 2017, vol. 69, Issue: 5-6, Article Number: 903 Published: 2017. WOS:000405772600012, 2017, ISSN 1221-1451. Yellow zone award.
BDI sau Conferinte
1. Cristian Ravariu, Dan Mihaiescu, Static and dynamic aspects of different tunneling NOI nanotransistors with oxide and vacuum, in Proceedings of European Conference on Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, Bern, Switzerland, 17-19 Nov. 2017, pp. 1-4.
2. C. Ravariu, F. Babarada; Resizing and reshaping of the Nothing On Insulator NOI Transistor; Advanced Nano-Bio-Materials and Devices; 2017, vol.1, issue 1, pp. 18-23, ISSN 2559 – 1118, SciEdTech EU Platform.
3. V. M. Placinta, L. N. Cojocariu, C. Ravariu, Evaluating the Switching Mode Power Supplies used in Radiation Hardness Tests of Integrated Circuits, in Proc. of 40th edition of IEEE International Semiconductor Conference CAS'2017, Oct. 11-14, Sinaia, Romania, p.1-4, Oral, PCE.
4. Mihaiescu Dan, Daniela Istrati, Alina Moroşan, Oana Maria Mihaiescu, Laura Olariu, Emilia Buşe, Adrian Fudulu, Ion Mindrila, Alice Buteică, Georgeta Voicu, Gabriel Vasilievici, Bogdan Trică, C. Ravariu, Mesoporous silica hybrid nanomaterials for biomedical applications, 7-th Annual World Congress of Nano Science &Technology-2017, Fukuoka, Japan, 24-26 octombrie 2017, abstract book pag 023 - sectiunea 306, Oral.
Chapters in book
1. Cristian Ravariu, Dan Eduard Mihaiescu, Green Electronics starting from Nanotechnologies and Organic semiconductors - Introductory Chapter, Chapter in Book: Green Electronics, In Tech Publisher House (Croatia-Austria-UK), accepted in Nov. 2017, in press for 2018.
2. Cristian Ravariu , Elena Manea, Alina Popescu, Catalin Pîrvulescu, Integrated p-NOI structures within a biosensor with nanoporous layer, for environment monitoring, Chapter in Book: Green Electronics, In Tech Publisher House (Croatia-Austria-UK), accepted in Nov. 2017, in press for 2018.
1. Biomimetic and Industrial Biosystems Transparency Transistors, Submission Code to OSIM A / 00021 of 2016. In 2017 this patent directly related to the current project has reached the stage of substantive revision.
It has also been prepared to propose a second patent for the next steps.
Meetings on the project
There have been at least 2 meetings per project, meaning that there were 2 main meetings, with more participants and more meetings on sub-groups during Phase I.
As requested by the PCE program, the project also had a social impact. A meeting with students from the National College Gheorghe Sincai was organized, according to the activities undertaken. The purpose of the visit was to disseminate new developments in the project, but to relate them to an accessible level to students, to awaken their interest in studying and working in the future in the interdisciplinary fields of nanoscience, material science and electronics.
Other activities related to the project: (i) Established International Journal "Advanced Nano-Bio-Materials and Devices" - ANBMD, e-ISSN 2559-1118 was obtained after number 2, publication according to the commitment of 4 numbers per year, with the monitoring of the Hirsh index, with Editor Editor Anton Ficai (Project Member), Editor on the Nano-Bio-Electronica section Cristian Ravariu (project leader), other editors - members in the project, (ii) Preparing the ARACIS accreditation file of a new interdisciplinary master program: Nano-Bio-Engineering and Environmental Management (NBIM) coordinated by C. Ravariu and developed through the ETTI Electronics Faculty, which will have common disciplines with the Faculty of Applied Chemistry, which will allow dissemination to the students of the results and the directions initiated by this project (eg Organic Electronics courses, Electronic Devices in Nanoscale Technologies, Micro- and Nanomaterials with Magnetic and Optical Electrical Properties, Bi Bio-FET integrated electronic oscillators, others), but also the continuation of the use of some equipment from the current project, after the completion of the project, for the purpose of training the master and doctoral students.
Results TFTNANOEL in Stage II / 2018:
- Technical-scientific report_2;
- making 2 TFT-NCS simple structures of technologically convenient dimensions;
- experimental test results electonic on preliminary structures with NCS;
- only if the NCS transistors do not are satisfactory after measurement static characteristics will be achieved minimal performance tests with others nanocomposite materials as CNT;
- experimental results of measurements of static and dynamic of all TFT devices products with NCS or materials more feasible alternatives;
- Create, log, and structure files in Atlas / Silvaco environment for devices NOI as nano-triodes, diodes or NOI-MIM , NOI with improved performance. The outcome is getting at least the concept of nano-triode-NOI and the main parameter targeted for improvement is the slope below the threshold (SS);
- Transistor technology plan Org-TFT and final technology for TFT-NCS.
- Results / dissemination:
articles minimum 1 published / accepted in ISI Red or Yellow or 2 articles
in revision in ISI Red or Yellow; minimum 5 ISI items in ISI journals / conferences,
minimum 3 articles in or BDI Conferences, 1 chapter book at the international publishing house, OSIM proposal 1 patent, min. 2 meetings / seminars per project, organizing 1 or even 2 Workshops or colloquia with internal participation and an invited external expert.
Products, structures, characterizations and simulations at Stage II /2018:
Fig. 1. (a) Structure with NCS film (nano-core-shell) and Ag contacts; (b) obtaining the various thicknesses between Source-Drene electrodes; (c) the result through AFM imaging. Outcomes to be published.
Fig. 2. (a) Preliminary structures 1 6 NCS-TFT transistors with Ag contacts covered with photoresist; (b) the measured capacity of structures with NCS is 10 times smaller than a regular MOS transistor; (c) the measured current is in the range 0.1nA to NCS-TFT for non-doped NCS material of the same magnitude order with a MOS below the threshold. Outcomes to be published.
(a) (b) (c)
Fig. 3. (a) Simulated structure of NOI type nano-triodes with a surface density of up to 1012cm-2; (b) Comparison of transistor characteristics and triodes of the NEW type; (c) comparisons of the simulated characteristics of the NOI triode with an experimental vacuum tunnel transducer [Ref 9]. Published results in IEEE Journal of Electron Device Society, 2018.
(a) (b) (c)
Fig. 4. Other achievements: (a) Circuit with additional resistances; (b) NOI-MIM transistor simulations (sent to the ISI IET Nano.Lett Journal for revision); (c) Microsounds purchased for the stage 2-3.
Publishing-dissemination activities on stage II of 2018
Articles in the ISI Red or Yellow Journal
1. C. Ravariu, "Vacuum nano-triode in Nothing-On-Insulator configuration working in Terahertz domain," IEEE Journal of the Electron Devices Society, DECEMBER.2018, Volume: 6 Issue: 1 , page(s): 1115-1123, Print ISSN: 2168-6734, DOI: 10.1109/JEDS.2018.2868465, PCE, nr. 4, PN-III-P4-ID-PCE-2016-0480-TFTNANOEL si PN-III-P2-2.1-PED-2016-0427 under Project 205PED/2017-DEMOTUN, IEEE-xplore Early access paper from Sept. 2018, Red till 5 Jul 2018, then Yellow -Aug 2018. On site:
2. C. Ravariu, Special features of the nothing on insulator transistor simulated with diamond lateral islands, Romanian Reports in Physics, Accepted in May 2018, when Journal RRP was in Yellow zone/2017, Accepted: http://www.rrp.infim.ro/inpress.html
Articles - minimum 5 in Journal/Conferences ISI
1. Ravariu Cristian; Manea Elena; Babarada Florin; Ursutiu Doru; Mihaiescu Dan; Popescu Alina, Organic Compounds Integrated on Nanostructured Materials for Biomedical Applications, in Proc. of 15th International Conference on Remote Engineering and Virtual Instrumentation, REV2018, 21-24 March 2018, Duesseldorf, Germany, pp. 600-608, Conference Track: Special Session: Biomedical Engineering, Paper ID 1235, Oral , Springer, PED, 4-PCE.
2. C. Ravariu, F. Babarada, J. Arhip, E. Manea, C. Pârvulescu, Personalized Mio-electrical Monitoring System Based on ADS1298 and MIM Electrodes, ECAI 2018 - International Conference – 10th Edition Electronics, Computers and Artificial Intelligence, 28 June -30 June, 2018, Iasi, ROMÂNIA, pp. 12 in Abstract book, Oral presentation, 4pages for ISI/ IEEE, 205PED 4-PCE.
3. Cristian Ravariu, Elena Manea, A. Popescu, Catălin Pârvulescu, Nonlinear Electrical Conduction Theorem - a Valuable Tool for Different Non-linear Systems, 5th International Conference on Mathematics and Computers in Sciences and Industry MCSI-2018, pp. 1-4, Corfu, Greece, 24-27. 25-27 Aug. 2018, Prez. orala. IEEE/ISI. 4-PCE.
4. Cristian Ravariu, Dan Eduard Mihaiescu, Daniela Istrati, Maria Stanca, From Pentacene Thin Film Transistor to Nanostructured Materials Synthesis for Green Organic-TFT, IEEE Conference of Semiconductors, in press, Oct. 2018. 4-PCE
5. C. Ravariu, D. E. Mihaiescu, E. Manea, C. Parvulescu, D. Istrati, M. Stanca, F. Babarada, Can metals replace semiconductors within a NOI-MIM nanotransistor?, Journal: IET Micro & Nano Letters, IF=0.7, in evaluation from Jul 2018. 4-PCE.
Articles - min. 3 in Journal/Conferences BDI
1. Cristian Ravariu, Dan Eduard Mihaiescu, Physical phenomena captured in a mathematical model of p-NOI and NOI transistors, International Journal of Circuits, Systems and Signal Processing, ISSN: 1998-4464, vol. 11, no. Dec., pp. 396-400, (published online in Jan 2018) http://naun.org/cms.action?id=15911 , pe proiecte: 205PED, 4-PCE indexari BDI (alte baze de date): Scopus, Compendex®, Inspec - The IET.
2. Cristian Ravariu, Dan Eduard Mihaiescu, Daniela Istrati, Bogdan Purcareanu, Nano-Core-Shell Technologies Suitable for Thin Film Transistors Implementation, XX-th International Symposium on Electrical Apparatus and Technologies SIELA 2018, Bourgas, Bulgaria, June 2-6, 2018, Oral presentation, pp. 221-223 in Digest, IEEE, pp1-4, ID19. 4-PCE.
3. Cristian Ravariu, Dan Eduard Mihaiescu, Elena Manea, Cătălin Pârvulescu, A Nothing On Insulator - NOI - Nanotransistor Configuration suitable for the Zaidman Model, XX-th International Symposium on Electrical Apparatus and Technologies SIELA 2018, Bourgas, Bulgaria, June 2-6, 2018, Digest, pp. 219-220, Oral presentation, IEEE, pp. 1-4, ID18. 205PED, 4-PCE. DOI: 10.1109/SIELA.2018.8447159, Date Added to IEEE Xplore: 27 August 2018
4. Cătălin Pârvulescu, Cristian Ravariu, Elena Manea, Florin Babarada, Alina Popescu, Beyond SOI - the NOI Nanotransistor - Simulations Results And New Challenges, 15th International Multidisciplinary Modeling & Simulation Multiconference (I3m'2018), In Conjunction With European Modeling And Simulation Symposium Budapest, Hungary 15-19.09. 2018, 205PED 4-PCE.
5. C. Ravariu, SSCS Romania Chapter Welcomes DL Sorin Voinigescu, IEEE Solid State Circuit Magazine, Vol. 10, no.1, pp. 59-60, Jan. 2018, DOI 10.1109/MSSC.2017.2769328. (ISSN 1943-0582).
6. Cristian Ravariu, Mihai Dogita; Enzyme-FET transistor technology and simulations aided by microelectronics tools; Advanced Nano-Bio-Materials and Devices; vol. 1, no. 4, pp. 204-209, 2017 (published in Jan 2018), ISSN: 2559-1118; BDI-Google Scholar; TFTNANOEL-PCE.
7. Daniela Dragomirescu, Alexandru Takacs, Mohamed Mehdi Jatlaoui, Samuel Charlot, Alexandre Rumeau, Alin-Daniel Fotache, Dan. E. Mihaiescu, Andra-Elena Poting, Cristian Ravariu; Low cost flexible assembly technique applied in wireless sensors and organic transistors; Advanced Nano-Bio-Materials and Devices; 2018:2(2):262-268. TFTNANOEL-PCE si Proiect LAAS.
Chapters in book internationals
1. Cristian Ravariu, Dan Eduard Mihaiescu, Green Electronics starting from Nanotechnologies and Organic semiconductors, Chapter 1 in Book: Green Electronics, In-Tech Publisher House (London), published by Cristian Ravariu & Dan E. Mihaiescu, Published June 20, 2018, ISBN: 978-1-78923-304-9, pp. 3-13. DOI: 10.5772 / intechopen.71456, ISBN: 978-1-78923-305-6, Print ISBN: 978-1-78923-304-9, available at: https://www.intechopen.com/books/green- electronics.
2. Cristian Ravariu, Elena Manea, Alina Popescu, Catalin Pirvulescu, Integrated p-NOI structures on nanoporous material designed for biodetection, Chapter 10 in Book: Green Electronics, In-Tech Publisher House Mihaiescu, Published June 20, 2018, ISBN: 978-1-78923-304-9, pp. 191-205. DOI: 10.5772 / intechopen.71456, ISBN: 978-1-78923-305-6, Print ISBN: 978-1-78923-304-9, available at: https://www.intechopen.com/books/green-electronics
3. In 2018 we started to prepare another book chapter for 2019, at a book at the Springer Publishing House, titled: Microgrid Architectures, Control and Protection Methods; titlul provizoriu: Chapter 12. PV Microgrids Efficiency: From nanomaterials and semiconductor polymer technologies for PV Cells to Global MPPT Control: Cristian Ravariu, Nicu Bizon, Elena Manea, Dan Eduard Mihaiescu, Florin Babarada, Maria Stanca et al.
1. OSIM National Patent entitled: Transparencies with organic films p / n overlapped for biomimetic and industrial applications, inventor: C. Ravariu, depositary code to OSIM A / 00021 of 2016, which is in the background revision until 31 March 2019. The theme is directly related to the PCE project, patent submission and project proposal was held in the same year, 2016.
2. A second national patent was also submitted to OSIM in 2018: A00526 / 11-07-2018, OSIM, Applicant UPB, inventors: C. Ravariu, F. Babarada, E. Manea, C. Parvulescu, title: Manufacturing process of the versatile planar semiconductor device for ultra-thin insulating tunnel testing.
3. Following the participation in the 2018 Conferences and in conjunction with the Colloquy with a foreign guest from India - Prof. Avireni Srinivasulu, we agreed to file an international patent with priority request at OSIM; subsequent patent filing intention in the US-Japan. The rights holder would be UBP-Romania University, and the inventors: C. Ravariu, A. Srinivasulu, with a provisional title: Reducing the number of devices for circuits implementation by hybrid MOS-NOI device. All approvals are expected in UPB and then filed with OSIM.
Meetings on the project
There have been at least 2 meetings per project, meaning that there were 2 main meetings, with more participants and with minutes and more meetings on sub-groups during Phase II.
In addition, the PCE project co-operation visit was prepared at the MCSI-2018 Conference, Corfu for 2019. Discussion of collaboration and directions with MCSI2018 Conference Chair, Prof. Nikos Bardis, from Univ. Technique from Athens.
Organization of min. 2 Workshop / Colloquium events with internal and external participation, i.e. with a foreign expert invited to the colloquium in Romania
1. Colocvium event on 17 May 2018, between 16.10-19.00.
The event was organized by the Doctoral School of the Faculty of Electronic Telecommunications and Information Technology SDETTI and co-organized by the PCE members no. 4/2017, Chair of the IEEE-Electron Device Society EDS015-Romania, where internal members of the PCE project were invited (Florin Babarada, Cristian Ravariu, Dan Mihaiescu, Vlad Placinta, others) and external (Professors from UPB, specialists from Romania and students from the master-degree and doctoral students), at a lecture of a vase guest of contemporary Micro-nano-electronics, editor of prestigious journals, as IEEE Transaction On Electron Device - Prof. Adrian M. Ionescu. The colloquium had as a central event Professor Ionescu's lecture entitled "Energy-Efficient Electronic Technologies: Silicon to Cloud", followed by a series of questions, comments, debates, consultations and a memorandum.
As an event organized under the aegis of EDS-society, it was posted on the official seminar site of IEEE-EDS vTools on 21 July 2018, at: https://meetings.vtools.ieee.org/m/175123
The event was also reported to the IEEE Electron Device Society Newsletter as: IEEE EDS-015 Romanian Chapter welcomes Distinguished Lecturer Prof. Adrian M. Ionescu in Romania, editorial written by Chairman - C. Ravariu and accepted for publication in nr. 4/2018. Here are some moments captured from event.
Figure 1 - Prof. Ionescu from EPFL, Lausanne, Switzerland, gives a talk to the EDS-015 Romanian Chapter and IEEE members (from IEEE Electron Device Society Newsletter).
2. Event Workshop 28 06. 2018, 12.15-14.00
The event was organized by the PCE Project Director no. 4/2017 who is also the Chairman of the IEEE-Electron Device Society EDS015-Romania and IEEE Solid State Circuits SSCS037-Romania and the Chairman of the IEEE-ECAI Conference in 2018, where our event was joined on the first day of the conference, and the key moment of the Workshop was: "Round Table, under the auspices and the PN-III-P2-2.1-PED-2016-0427 project number PN-III-P4-ID-PCE-2016-0480, 2017-TFTNANOEL and 205PED / 2017-DEMOTUN, in Iasi, Romania, 28.06.2018, 12:15 - 14:00.
During the workshop, internal members of the PCE project (Cristian Ravariu, Catalin Parvulescu, others) and external (Romanian teachers and specialists, students from all levels of education) and several foreign guests were invited to a lecture by a guest of the IEEE, Senior Member Distinguished Lecturer Prof. Avireni Srinivasulu, Senior Member IEEE, B.Tech, ME, MS, Ph.D. (Birla Institute of Tech. - Mesra), Professor of Electronics and Communication Enggineering, JECRC University, Jaipur, Rajasthan , India.
The workshop had as a central event the lecture of Professor Srinivasulu entitled "Novel Semiconductor Devices and its Applications in Circuits", followed by lengthy debates, consultations and concluding by signing a Memorandum.
As an event organized under the auspices of SSCS-society, it was posted on the official IEEE-SSCS vTools Workshop event site on July 21, 2018, at the link: https://meetings.vtools.ieee.org/tego_/event/manage/175126
The event was also reported to the IEEE Solid State Circuit Society Magazine as: SSCS Romania Chapter Welcomes Distinguished Lecturer Iire Srinivasulu, IEEE Senior Member, during a Round Table co-organized by the IEEE-ECAI'2018 Conference, editorial written by Chairman - C. Ravariu and was accepted for publication in Dec. - 2018.
Other activities related to the project
(i) The second anniversary of the International Journal of Advanced Nano-Bio-Materials and Devices - ANBMD, which now in 2018 has: ISSN 2559-1118, volume 1/2017 complete with 4 numbers, volume 2 / 2018 complete with 4 numbers, Indexing in Academic Google, SIS (Scientific Indexing Service), ESJI, Directory of Research Journals Indexing (DRJI), Chief Editor Anton Ficai (Project Member), Nano-Bio-Electronics Editor Cristian Ravariu, other editors / revisers - members in the project;
(ii) The completion, submission and acceptance of the ARACIS Accreditation dossier of a new interdisciplinary master program: Nano-Bio-Engineering and Environmental Management (NBIM) coordinated by C. Ravariu and conducted by the ETTI Electronics Faculty, which will have common disciplines Faculty of Applied Chemistry, which will allow students to disseminate the results and directions initiated by this project (eg Organic Electronics courses, Electronic devices in nanometric technologies, Micro- and nanomaterials with magnetic and optical electrical properties, BioFET, others).
(iii) participating in a webinar (web seminar), offered by IEEE-EDS, titled: Hybrid Systems-in-Foil: Enabler or Flexible Electronics through affiliation to the IEEE-EDS Society. It can be seen from the title and abstract, that the interest in hybrid electronics, which integrates on organic substrates various electronic components, a subject approached by our project, is of the utmost importance in 2018.
Hybrid Systems-in-Foil: Enabler or Flexible Electronics
Presented by: Joachim N. Burghartz, Date: 22 August 2018
(iv) Another flag webinar for the new-triode NOIs developed by us:
Silicon Terahertz and sub-THz Electronics for Imaging, Sensing, Testing and Communications
Presented by: Dr. Michael Shur; Detalii: https://eds.ieee.org/webinars.html
Rezultate la TFTNANOEL in Stage III/ Jan 2019 - Dec 2019:
1. C. Ravariu, Special features of the nothing on insulator transistor simulated with diamond lateral islands, Romanian Reports in Physics, Vol. 70 Issue. 4, pp. 1-10, 30 Dec. 2018, WOS: WOS:000454148700012, Article number 801, IF=1.5, TFTNANOEL, Acceptat in Mai 2018, moment in care Jurnalul RRP se afla in zona Galbena, ISSN 1221-1451, in Ian 2019 Published.
2. V.M. Placinta, L.N. Cojocariu and C. Ravariu, Proton-induced radiation effects in the I/O blocks of an SRAM-based FPGA, Journal of Instrumentation (IOP), 2019 JINST, vol 14, no. 10, T10001. IF=1.4, DOI:https://doi.org/10.1088/1748-0221/14/10/T10001, pp. 1-9, ISSN 1748-0221, Published in Q2.
3. Alina Moroşan, Dan Eduard Mihaiescu, Daniela Istrati, Georgeta Voicu, Mihai Radu, Anamaria Hanganu, Raluca Stana, Functionalized silica shell magnetic nanoparticles for nanophase peptide synthesis applications, Microporous and Mesoporous Materials, Vol. 286, Sept 2019, Pages 45-56, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.micromeso.2019.05.018 . ISSN: 1387-1811, Q1.
3. Cristian Ravariu, Daniela Istrati, Dan Mihaiescu, Alina Morosan, Bogdan Purcareanu, Rodica Cristescu, Bogdan Vasile, Solution for green organic thin film transistors: Fe 3 O 4 nano-core with PABA external shell as p-type film, Journal of Materials Science - Materials in Electronics, Springer, IF=2 (0957-4522), Q2.
4. Cristian Ravariu, Avireni Srinivasulu, Dan E. Mihaiescu, Elena Manea, Cătălin Parvulescu, Can metals replace semiconductors in a Nothing On Insulator nanotransistor?, Proceedings of the Romanian Academy Series A, in evaluation from Feb. 2019, Q2.
5. Cristian Ravariu, Elena Manea, Catalin Parvulescu, Adrian Dinescu, Raluca Gavrila, Fabrication of the Nothing On Insulator device in the variant Metal-Air-Metal – NOI-MAM – by Electron-beam lithography, Nanotechnology (IOP), Q1 (Phys. Appl), IF=3.39, ISSN: 0957-4484, in evaluation from Oct. 2019.
6. Cristian Ravariu, Dan Mihaiescu, Alina Morosan, Daniela Istrati, Bogdan Vasile, Bogdan Purcareanu, Demonstrator of n-type Green Semiconductor based on Sulfo-Salicylic Acid and Core-Shell Nanoparticles, Nanomaterials (MDPI) special issue, Q1, (Mat. Science Multidiscipl), IF=4.03, ISSN: 2079-4991, in evaluation.
1. C. Ravariu, E. Manea, C. Parvulescu, F. Babarada, A. Popescu, D.E. Mihaiescu, D. Istrati, Technological aspects and simulation results for the Nothing On Insulator device developed into a planar technology, Romanian Journal of Information Science and Technology ROMJIST, vol.22, no. 1, pp. 57-68, Jan-Apr. 2019, WOS:000469865900005 TFTNANEL.
2. Vlad-Mihai Placinta, Florin Babarada, Cristian Ravariu, Laura Georgeta Alecu, Digital controlled electronic load for testing the reliability of power supplies, REVUE ROUMAINE DES SCIENCES TECHNIQUES - Série ÉLECTROTECHNIQUE et ÉNERGÉTIQUE, vol. 64, no. 2, 2019, pp. 131-136,
WOS:000479328200006, ISSN: 0035-4066, IF=0.76. Proiect TFTNANEL.
3. Cristian Ravariu, Elena Manea, Catalin Parvulescu, Dan Mihaiescu, Design of the technologicalflow to produce a planar variant of the Nothing On Insulator device and its tunneling conduction, ISI Journal Nano Research, ISSN print-ISI 1662-5250, ISSN web 1661-9897, group www.scientific.net , vol. 60, pp. 33-41, Nov. 2019.
4. Cristian Ravariu, Dan E. Mihaiescu, Alina Morosan, Daniela Istrati, Florin Babarada, Simulation and Experimental Studies about Proper Electrodes of an Organic Thin Film Transistor, The 11 th International Symposium on Advanced Topics In Electrical Engineering ATEE2019, Bucharest, March 28-30 2019, pp. 90:1-4, DOI: 10.1109/ATEE.2019.8725006 IEEE part number CFP1914P-USB, ISBN: 978-1-7281-0100-2, Indexed IEEE, WOS:000475904500161.
5. Cristian Ravariu, Dan E. Mihaiescu, Daniela Istrati, Elena Manea, Catalin Parvulescu, Applicationof the Nonlinear Electrical Conduction Theorem to Emphasize the Optimized Biosensor Sensitivity, The 11 th International Symposium on Advanced Topics In Electrical Ingineering, Bucharest, March 28-30 2019, pp. 94:1-4, DOI: 10.1109/ATEE.2019.8725008, IEEE part number CFP1914P-USB, ISBN: 978-1-7281-0100-2, Indexed IEEE, WOS:000475904500163.
6. Cristian Ravariu, Dan E. Mihaiescu, Alina Morosan, Laura Georgeta Alecu, Daniela Istrati, Gated resistors with copper phthalocyanine films, I-st International conference on electrical engineering “Advanced structures, materials and electrical systems”, ASMES-2019, under ICPE-CA, Bucharest organization, Predeal - Romania, 20 - 22 November 2019, in extenso paper sent to ISI JOAM, in evaluation.
7. Cristian Ravariu, Dan Eduard Mihaiescu, Daniela Istrati, Alina Morosan, Experimental Characteristics of Organic Transistors with Silver Gate, 42-th Edition IEEE Conference of Semiconductors, 9-12 Oct. 2019, Sinaia, Romania, pp. 31-34, ISBN 978-1-7281-1887-1, IEEE Cat. nr. CFP19CAS-USB, WOS .., indexare IEEE.
8. Cristian Ravariu, Catalin Parvulescu, Vlad Mihai Placinta, Technology and Optimizations for the NOI-nano-triode, IEEE Conference of Semiconductors, 9-12 Oct. 2019, Sinaia, Romania, pp. 75-78. ISBN 978-1-7281-1888-8 , WOS ..., indexare IEEE.
9. Cristian Ravariu, Doru Ursutiu, Dan Mihaiescu, Alina Morosan, Mihai Tanase, Thrasyvoulos Tsiatsos. New era of the nano-electronic devices one of the most adaptive learning areas for the next period, 13th International Conference on Interactive Mobile Communication Technologies and Learning, IMCL2019, Program IMCL pp. 15, Session SS2, Oral presentation, Tessaloniki, Greece, 31Oct.-2Nov. 2019, proiect PCE 4/2017, in extenso pp. 1-8, for ISI publishing in 2020 in Springer Book.
1. K. Nagalakshmi, Avireni Srinivasulu, Cristian Ravariu, V.Vijay and V.V.S.V.Krishna, A novel simple schmitt trigger circuit using cdta and its application as a square-triangular waveform generator, Journal of Modern Technology and Engineering (ISSN 2519-4836), Vol.3, No.3, 2018, pp.205-216, Publicat in Ian 2019, Google Scholar, E-Library, Ulrich's Periodicals Directory, DOAJ.
2. Cristian Ravariu, Cătălin Pârvulescu, Elena Manea, Dan Mihaiescu, Alina Morosan, Development of Integrated Biosensors and Nano-Electronic Devices in the next CMOS Stage, International Journal of Pharmaceutical Research, ISSN: 0975-2366, vol.11, no.3, pp.1310-1316, July-Sept. 2019. Indexed Scopus. Proiect TFTNANEL.
3. Cristian Ravariu, ED Romanian Chapter – Arora’s visit, IEEE Electron Devices Society Newsletter, April 2019 , pp. 39-40.
4. Cristian Ravariu, Avireni Srinivasulu, Lidia Dobrescu, Planar-Nothing On Insulator parasitic structure within a static induction transistor made by selective epitaxial growth , Solid State Electronics Letter, vol.1, no. 2, July 2019, Pages 45-51, ISSN: 2589-2088, indexed Elsevier, Science Direct.
5. Vasile Baneş, Florin Babarada, Cristian Ravariu, Conversion tool for audio-video file compatibility in Moodle E-learning platform, Proceedings of 11-th IEEE International Conference Electronics, Computers and Artificial Intelligence ECAI2019, 27-29 June 2019, Pitesti, Romania, pp.1-4. Poster, Indexare IEEE si ISI prin 2020. Mentionat TFTNANOEL.
6. C. Ravariu, E. Manea, C. Parvulescu, An Appropriate Diffusion Process Changes the Behaviour of a planar-Nothing on Insulator Device, journal Defect and Diffusion Forum. Spec. issue: «Transfer Phenomena in Fluid and Heat Flows IX» www.ttp.net/1012-0386.html ISSN 1662-9507. Accepted pe site, primit email ca va fi prins in urmatorul issue al Jurnalului.
1. Ravariu C., Manea E., Babarada F., Ursutiu D., Mihaiescu D., Popescu A., "Organic Compounds Integrated on Nanostructured Materials for Biomedical Applications", Chapter 2 at section Biomedical Engineering in the book: Smart Industry & Smart Education. Editors: Auer M., Langmann R., Series - Lecture Notes in Networks and Systems, vol 47. Springer, Cham, January 2019, pp 489-497, WOS:000455197300055, DOI:10.1007/978-3-319-95678-7_55, Publisher Name - Springer, Print ISBN 978-3-319-95677-0, Online ISBN 978-3-319-95678-7, ISSN: 2367-3370, project number 4/2017 (TFTNANOEL), 2019.
2. Cristian Ravariu, Nicu Bizon, Elena Manea, Florin Babarada, Cătălin Pârvulescu, Dan Eduard Mihaiescu, Maria Stanca, Chapter 12 " PV Microgrids Efficiency: From Nanomaterials and Semiconductor Polymer Technologies for PV Cells to Global MPPT Control for PV Arrays " in Book “Microgrid Architectures, Control and Protection Methods”, Series Title ”Power Systems”, at Springer Publishing, Editors: Naser Mahdavi Tabatabaei, Ersan Kabalci, Nicu Bizon, pp. 289-325, Print ISBN 978-3-030-23722-6. Online ISBN 978-3-030-23723-3, Proiect TFTNANOEL. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-23723-3_12 Springer Nature Switzerland, July 2019.
Conferinte cu publicare doar in Abstract
Alina MOROSAN, Daniela ISTRATI, Dan Eduard MIHAIESCU, Cristian RAVARIU, Bogdan VASILE, Nanocomposites Based on SET – Active Organic Compounds for Electron Transfer Applications in Electronics, 31-th International Conference on Nanosciences and Nanotechnology, Nov. 18-19, 2019, Paris, France.
C. Ravariu, C. Pârvulescu, E. Manea, D. Mihaiescu, An Appropriate Diffusion Process Changes the Destiny of a planar-Nothing on Insulator Nano-Electronic Device, 15 th International Conference on Diffusion in Solids and Liquids - DSL2019, 24 June -30 June, 2019, ATHENS, GREECE.
1. Cristian Ravariu, Avireni Srinivasulu, Lidia Dobrescu, Breakdown Mechanisms in a SEG Static Induction Transistor by a Parasite Effect of a planar-NOI Structure, 1st International Conference On Power, Computer, Communications And Artificial Intelligence, ICPCCAI 2019, JECRC UNIVERSITY, Jaipur-303905, Rajasthan, India.
2. Cristian Ravariu, Avireni Srinivasulu, Dan E. Mihaiescu, Dynamic and Noise Performances of the Nothing On Insulator Device, accepted for presentation at 2020 IEEE International Conference on Emerging Trends in Communication, Control and Computing (ICONC3), India March, 2020.
1. Platit taxele de inregistrare, publicare si examinare in Sept. 2019 pt Brevet A00813/17.10. 2018, Depus OSIM, cu intentie de brevet International: Cerere de prioritate la OSIM; intentie ulterioara de depunere brevet in SUA-Japonia. Titlu (Ro): Tehnologie de proiectare a circuitelor integrate cu numar redus de dispozitive hibride NOI-MOS. Patent deposition with title (Engl): Technology for integrated circuit design with low number of NOI-MOS hybrid devices, Inventors: Cristian Ravariu, Avireni Srinivasulu, Owner: Universitatea Politehnica din Bucuresti - UPB Bucuresti.
2. Monitorizare Brevet depus la OSIM: C. Ravariu, Tranzistoare cu filme organice p/n suprapuse pentru aplicaţii biomimetice şi industriale, Brevet depus la OSIM, cu nr. înregistrare A/00021 din 12.01.2016, inca in prelungiri pentru examinarea de fond; taxele platite din anii anteriori.
Monitorizare intalniri/seminarii pe proiect
Au fost realizate 2 meetinguri pe proiect in anul 2019, care au reunit mai multi membri din proiect si la care s-a facut un proces verbal cu semnaturi. Originalele vor fi puse la dosarul original cu toata Faza 3/2019, lasat la parterul cladirii UEFISCDI.
In afara acestor meeting-uri mai mari per proiect, s-au facut vizite de lucru la 1-2 saptamani, pe grupuri mai mici de lucru, cand fie grup de cercetatori de la Electronica ne-am deplasat la Facultatea de Chimie – unde era sediul de fabricatie structuri, fie in Electronica, cand preluam structurile realizate si le testam in Facultatea de Electronica din Universitatea Politehnica din Bucuresti. Co-organizarea unei manifestari cultural-sociale cu Asociatia Artistilor Plastici din Bucuresti AAPB in Universitatea Politehnica Bucuresti UPB. Acest indicator a fost indeplinit cu succes. Au avut loc o serie de demersuri de a se organiza in holul mare al Rectoratului UPB o expozitie de pictura la care au fost invitati membri ai Asociatiei Artistilor Plastici din Bucuresti, si cativa invitati de la Liga Navala. Această manifestare culturală iniţiată de Universitatea Politehnica din Bucureşti în 2019, prin rândurile artiştilor plastici din Romania, a descoperit un partener cultural deschis, in cadrul Asociaţiei Artiştilor Plastici din Bucureşti, AAPB, asociaţie de cultură de peste 40 de ani vechime, întemeiată din anul 1973 şi care l-a avut ca prim Presedinte de onoare pe Domnul Sabin Bălaşa. În cadrul acestei manifestări culturale au avut loc : Expoziţia de pictură "Artă şi ştiinţă", organizată de Asociaţia Artiştilor Plastici din Bucureşti şi susţinută de Universitatea Politehnica din Bucureşti prin proiectul de cercetare exploratorie PCE nr. 4/2017, cu sprijinul Preşedintelui in exerciţiu al Asociaţiei Artiştilor Plastici din Bucureşti - Domnul Dumitru Nicolae Chilia şi Domnul Cristian Ravariu Profesor universitar la Universitatea "Politehnica" Bucureşti în calitate de coordonator al proiectului PCE nr. 4, cu acordul conducerii Universităţii Politehnica din Bucureşti. Expoziţia a avut loc la Universitatea Politehnica din Bucureşti, Str. Splaiul Independentei nr. 313, sect. 6, Bucuresti, spatiul de expunere - Rectorat sub cupola, la et. 1, in perioada 06-18 Mai 2019. Vernisajul expozitiei a fost susţinut si corelat cu un colocviu, la care a luat cuvantul si Dl Cristian Ravariu, în care s-a discutat despre impactul social şi cultural al ultimelor cuceriri ale ştiinţei prin relaţie interdisciplinară cu artele vizuale şi alte ramuri culturale. Numărul de participanţi la eveniment a fost de aproximativ 50 de persoane.