MCSI2016 - Chania
DACS 2015, Bucuresti, June, 2015
ICTEI 2015, Chisinau, May, 2015
18th International Conference on Ciruits, Systems, Communications and Computers (CSCC 2014), Santorini Island, Greece, July 17-21, 2014
Proceedings of The Third International Workshop on Cyber-Physical Systems, May 2014
Proceedings of the World Congress on Engineering and Computer Science 2013 Vol I WCECS 2013, 23-25 October, 2013, San Francisco, USA
Recent Advances in Information Science. Proceedings of the 3rd European Conference of Computer Science, Paris, France, December 2-4, 2012
Proceedings of International Conference on Automatic Control, Modelling & Simulation (ACTMOS'11), Spain
Proceedings of the 2011 International Conference on Parallel and Distributed Processing Techniques and Applications, Las Vegas, 2011
Conference on Intercultural Humanism, Oxford, 9-12 September 2010
The 6th International Workshop on Unique Chips and Systems, Atlanta, GA, USA, December 4, 2010
CAS 2010 Proceedings, vol.1
International Conference on Signals and Electronic Systems, Gliwice, Poland, Sept. 2010.
CAS 2010 Proceedings, Volume 1
Proceedings of the 8th Applications and Principles of Information Science Conference, Okinawa, Japan on 11-12 January 2009.
"If you get a letter of recommendation that counts number of publications, rather than commenting substantively on a candidate's contributions, ignore it."
"Under the current funding regime, is it possible to obtain support for long-term basic research with little apparent prospect of practical applications? ... Now only safe, incremental "normal science" (Thomas Kuhn) is funded and published, not paradigm shifts. Creativity is slaughtered. ... We are clearly going in the wrong direction now in some societies where creativity is micromanaged by gigantic bureaucracies."
"In between writing grand proposals describing what I intend to do, and writing reports about what I have done, there in no time left to actually do anything!"
The following technical & scientific subjects haunted me in the last few decades:
- Integral Parallel Computation
- Parallel I/O System
- The Supra-Linear Condition for Parallel Computation
- The Algorithmic Complexity & Digital Circuits
- 0-State Universal Turing Machine
- The Connex Project
- Lisp Machine
- Functional Information
- Loops & Recursive Functions
- Loops & Formal Languages
- Loop Based Taxonomy for Digital Systems
- Virtual Multi-Processor
Meantime, anxious about non technical matters, I wrote the following texts:
- Ethos - Pathos - Logos.
- Limite care deschid. Eseuri despre o lume avidă de înțelesuri și copleșită de complexitate (Opening Limits. Essays about a world hungry of meanings and oppressed by complexity), a collection of texts published in the last few decades (in Romanian).
- Structural-Phenomenoligical Modeling papers in Noesis
- "Profunzimile Existentei" in filosofia secolului XX a text that might explain why this sub-section of the webpage exists.
- "Integral Humanism" in Intercultural Humanism Challenges, Experiences, Visions, Strategies, Oxford, 9-12 September 2010.
The following political problems harassed me in my short political involvement as member of Petre Roman Government 2:
- Educational Reform: my unsuccessful fight with the conservative reform of the Romanian society in 1990-1991
My civic involvement is a sequel of my short politic adventure. Resulted some sporadic actions and opinions referring to the (too) perennial Romanian problems:
- iDemocracy project (paper) is going now toward iConsensus project (the first document, prepared with Mihai Spăriosu, is comming soon. Meantime see this: SYNC).
- How to make the most appropriate distinction between instruction, training and education in the Romanian educational policy. See an uneducated opinion in: "Învățământul la orizontul 2020" published in România 2020, Ed. Compres, 1998.
- Do we expect the professional ethos to trigger improvement in our society? A preliminary answer in the short inaugural statement drafted as board member of IPID (Institutul de Proiecte pentru Inovație și Dezvoltare): "Dezvoltare Integrativă & Ethos Profesional"
- In order to increase the chance of the young inventors to promote their ideas I co-initiated and I'm supporting I-CUBE as member in the advisory board.