Software Development Tools
Coordinated by: Radu Hobincu
Through its industry experience, Gemini Solutions together with DCAE department, are offering this course as a binder between the students' academic knowledge and the skills required to perform in the IT industry.
The course is designed for students in year II, semester I, who have graduated Computer Programming and Data Structures and Algorithms courses.
- Weekly 3 hours laboratory where teaching and exercise are interleaved - hands-on approach
- A maximum of 20 students in class
- Introduction in the Linux operating system;
- Basic software development techniques; Introduction in project management (user stories, sprints), agile methodology, project life-cycle
- Integrated Development Environments
- Debuggers: how to use different features of a debugger
- Coding best practices
- Source control
- Build Tools
- Testing (unit testing vs integration tests, TDD) and continuous integration, code coverage
- Tools for performance analysis: Stress testing tools: e.g JMeter. Profilers and how to use them.
- Tools for reporting and tracking user stories / bugs
- Toolchains for programming embedded systems
- Deployment and live monitoring