Power Semiconductor Devices
- Particularities of power semiconductor devices
- Semiconductors at high injection levels - high injection level vs. low injection level. The p-n junction characteristics at high injection levels.
- Junction terminations for high-voltage capability. Thermal operation of power semiconductor devices.
- Unipolar power devices:
- The power Schottky diode. The MOS power transistor. The power static-induction transistor SIT.
- Bipolar and merged power devices:
- Power diodes. Power LEDs. Solar cells. The power bipolar transistor. The monolithic Darlington transistor. The thyristors. The IGBT. The ESBT.