The Linux OS is an open-source alternative, used extensively in the academic environment, science and engineering, as well as on the majority of servers and super-computers. In order to increase the knowledge of ETTI students about this subject, the DCAE department is organizing an optional, unofficial course on:
LINUX OPERATING SYSTEM USAGE
The course has no credits, no grade, there will be no evaluation, however, we are expecting only motivated and dedicated students, willing to complete the course and gain relevant knowledge on the IT industry.
- Linux distributions - installing Linux Mint
- Directory structure - permissions
- Users and root access
- Installing packages and applications
- Shell commands and scripts
- Network services
- The course will not be held unless a minimum of 5 students sign up, and a maximum of 14 students will be accepted;
- The course is available to all students, regarding of study year or specialization;
- The course will begin in the fourth week and it will take six weeks;
- The course is weekly, it will consist only of a laboratory that will take a minimum of two hours and the meetings will be scheduled according to the participants' availability, after the signups are closed;
For signups, send an e-mail to email@example.com containing your name, study year and the availability to use your own laptop during the course.
UPDATE: Signups are now closed.
Published on October 02, 2014, 16:26.